The Happy Horse accepts select saddles into our consignment inventory. If you are interested in consigning your saddle with The Happy Horse you will need to bring it in for a thorough evaluation of symmetry, safety and tree soundness. This can take up to 10 days. You will be contacted if your saddle is not accepted and given a clear explanation of why. Accepted saddles are contracted under the following information:
- Saddles are contracted for 4 months (occasionally longer at the discretion of Happy Horse).
- Consignment rate is 25% of saddles selling price.
- Saddles are evaluated, researched and priced at fair market value.
- Saddles are promoted via our store, website, saddle fittings and test rides. Occasionally on Ebay.
- The consignor can remove their saddle from contract at anytime; this requires 2 weeks notice.
- Saddles are subject to some wear, as all our saddles are available for Test Rides.
- When your saddle sells, you will be mailed a check within a month.
- If your saddle does not sell, you will be contacted to pick it up or to make shipping arrangements. The consignor is responsible for all shipping charges.